2006/07/26

Happy hippie













I have always found hippies so romantic.
Devendra Benhart is a hip happy hippie that happens to have Venezuelan blood: even more reasons to find him so sweet and romantic. Besides, I have not seen that many people wearing a beard, black eye liner and a pink channel dress in a french magazine...so dreamy.

"
While vacationing in Bish Bash Falls , a state park in Massachusetts , Banhart and his girlfriend were quarreling about the Rolling Stones.

"The argument was about [the song] 'Street Fighting Man,'" he says. "And I'm like, 'That's bullshit. Mick Jagger wasn't fighting nobody.' And she was like, 'Well, how do you know? Maybe they just made it up.' And I was like, 'Well, I can make up a song about something!' And it turned out to be this little song ..."

Banhart proceeds to sing, limerick-style: "There once was a man who really loved salt/ So he tied his nose to the sea/ And then God came down from his silver throne/ And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free.'"

"That's when I realized I could write about anything I wanted," he adds casually. "It was like being constipated and then taking a suppository."

Blog

My photo
Compilation of aesthetic manifestations beyond compliance, bring us emancipation.

Archive